Ahh, the season of love! Here are a few ideas to inspire the inner romantic and to help you jumpstart your Valentine’s Day planning! With careful planning and thoughtful consideration, you might even surprise yourself! We all know this is the day that has been dedicated to celebrating those we love and cherish, but love is an action word. Love requires time, dedication, commitment, unconditional love (even when we don’t want to, but we do it anyway), being transparent-exposing ourselves because we know we can trust this person with our innermost thoughts and feelings. We celebrate this day, letting those who hold our hearts near and dear that we love and appreciate them.
John 13:34 (KJV) A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.
I Corinthians 13:13 (KJV) And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.
Now for the fun stuff, Date Night Ideas:
- Visit your favorite 1st date places
- Revisit the place where you met
- Plan a romantic spa day
- Get a couples massage
- Treat your spouse to a manicure/pedicure
- Prepare a favorite dish wearing a Valentine’s Day Apron (send the kids away for this one)
- Go on a romantic getaway/weekend
- Treat your spouse to a lunch date, show up at the office with red roses or flowers
- Make a fruit tray with chocolates and finger foods and feed each other
- Give each other love notes
- Have a Valentine’s scavenger hunt (leave notes and clues with a big reward at the end!)
- Plan a romantic dinner
- Date night at home (movie and popcorn)
- Plan a picnic lunch at your favorite spot (you know the one!)
- Take a long stroll on the beach at night or day
- Plan a proposal, what a perfect day to express your love
Love Tips and Ideas
- Flirt all day, everyday, all the time (keep those fires burning people)
- Love Notes are a great way to show your spouse you are thinking of them
- Loving touch and love taps are a great way to show your love
- Call each other and leave a message that will keep your spouse rushing to get home
- Have cuddle sessions
- Share what you love about each other
- Send flowers
- Surprise each other with a special card every month (sweet!)
- Buy a nice gift or jewelry
- Do the household chores for a week or day
- Cook dinner together
These are a few ideas that I hope will help you have the best day ever! Most of all be creative, it’s the little things and extra special details that speak volumes and show you care.
Love well and love strong! Let me know what you think of these ideas and if you tried them. Did they work for you or not?
Have a Happy Valentine’s Day!