Summer has come and gone, too quickly I might add! It is that time of year again. School is back in session. It is not always easy as a Homeschooler, trying to find the perfect curriculum or lessons to use to teach a variety of subjects to a range of learning styles and it also has to be fun. Well, I might have a solution to that problem! I have found these resources very helpful in teaching writing, math, spelling, science, history and so much more. Each website has something educational and unique to offer.
Here are 5 Awesome Homeschool Resources that I have used over the years as a math, history, science, writing and language arts supplement for their homeschool lessons.
- Studies Weekly– K-6 Social Studies, K-6 Science and K-2 Math colorful state based lessons that teach Science, History and Math in a fun and engaging learning style. Additional Learning Units may also available (Character, Bullying, Veterans, Health). K-2 standard based lessons are in magazine form, fully illustrated, include hands-on labs and are perfect for any classroom or homeschool program. K-6 standard based lessons are full-color illustrated newspapers with activities, science projects and include an interactive lesson download, each learning unit includes a Teachers Edition with extended lessons, questions, reviews and an answer key.
Studies Weekly is membership based (but more than worth it, trust me!). For more information or questions, check out the FAQ page.
Can I just say how much I love these publications, it truly helped the math and science lessons so much easier to teach and fun for the children to learn.
- Super Teacher Worksheets– Printable worksheets that cover math, reading, writing, phonics, language, grammar, spelling lists, holidays, teaching tools and so much more. Includes hundreds of Free printable worksheets, lessons and activities.
Super Teacher Worksheets is membership based for a $19.95 yearly subscription. The yearly membership unlocks access to thousands of worksheets, lessons and printables.
My children love this site, so easy to print, fun and engaging lessons and games that promote learning!
- Education.com– Fun and colorful lessons, 15,000 worksheets, educational games, songs and stories, 300+ workbooks, lesson plans created by teachers. Brainzy is a game-based reading and math interactive learning program for an additional fee of $71.88 billed annually. Works on laptops, desktops, tablets, iPads and Chromebooks.
Education.com is membership based and has 3 membership plans – Basic (membership is free, limited access to downloads and select games). Plus is Parent based membership $3.99 mo. billed annually with unlimited access. Pro is Classroom, Teacher based membership $5.99 mo. billed annually with unlimited classroom access. For more information visit here.
I started using this site when we started homeschooling. Love the colorful and engaging lessons. Easy to navigate the site based on the grade level, awesome printables, an excellent curriculum supplement.
- Write Source– Writing resources and materials for teachers and students from Kindergarten through Twelfth grade. Includes writing samples based on grade level, student handbooks that aid in learning the writing process, MLA/APA writing style format for older students. Student handbooks are available through the catalog on the website.
These handbooks are very colorful, break down each writing lesson, includes every step of the writing process, grade and age appropriate, lessons and questions are hands on and easy to follow.
- Khan Academy– Free online courses, learn at your own pace, over 100,000 exercises, math, science, history, art, economics, computer programming classes and more.
Did I mention it is Free online classes! Help your students learn. The classes and videos include lessons that teach step-by-step instructions. Includes K-8 math lessons, fundamentals, college level and beyond math lessons, arts and humanities, test prep, history, music and so much more.
I hope these resources are helpful to you and help ease your curriculum courseload. I have personally used every one of these resources and they are awesome for Homeschool learning as well as classroom and student learning.
Let me know if these resources have been helpful to you and if you have any additional resources to add to this list. Take Care!